I tutor in Academic Writing & Research, KS2/KS3 English & Maths, and 11+ & Common Entrance Exam Prep, teaching both adults and children that currently range from 7-68 years old. I have been tutoring since I myself was in high school, and I help students make the most of their curriculum by fostering enjoyment in the learning practice, improving both grades, but, more importantly, developing a sustainable, independent approach to learning that can be taken beyond tuition and into further years of study, work and life.
I hold a BA with First Class Honours in Fine Art from Wimbledon College of Arts, and an MA with Distinction in Fine Art from Central Saint Martins, London. I am currently a PhD candidate in Art at another prestigious university, where I am also working as an associate lecturer in Critical Studies in Art. I have facilitated BA seminars, lectured numerous times at conferences, and published several scholarly articles. I therefore have particularly valuable experience to share with students interested in academic study or the arts.
Other subjects I teach that are less sought after than those mentioned above include:
- Norwegian Language (adults and children)
- Preparing Art Portfolios for Foundation, BA and MA in the arts
- Art theory and practice
● Associate Lecturer in BA Fine Art Critical Studies (2019-present)
● Tutor in Academic Writing, KS2 & 3 English and Maths & 11+ and Common Entrance Exam
● Facilitator, BA Seminars & Group Critiques at Central Saint Martins (2018)
● Private tutor in English and Maths, freelance (Bergen, Norway <Phone Number Redacted>)
An assessment in the initial lesson in any given subject serves to inform all my future lesson planning with a student. If the student is a child working with core subjects in the curriculum, this usually involves identifying certain 'knowledge gaps' in the material learnt so far, and addressing those areas holistically, before contextualising them with the rest of the curriculum material and building up practice.
Student Success Stories
● An insightful and considered approach. Fantastic feedback and guidance. A great tutor!
Brian O, 6th September, 2019 (MA Fine Art Dissertation)
● Katarina has been tutoring my 10 year old daughter in maths for around a month, twice a
week. She is a fantastic, professional tutor and my daughter really looks forward to her lessons.
Andrej Z, 11th July, <Phone Number Redacted>+ English, Maths, Non-Verbal Reasoning & Verbal Reasoning)
● The lesson held my interest throughout. Katarina was patient, meticulous in correcting my
pronunciation,and sensitive to my needs
Jacky C, 8th February, 2019 (Norwegian Language)
● My daughter is thoroughly enjoying her weekly lessons.
Kash I, 12th January, 2019 (Year 9 English & Maths)
● I am extremely happy with Katarina. She understands my views and support me of how to write
my essay in more professional way.
Claudia M, 29th December, 2018 (BA Social Work Dissertation)
● Katarina is a very welcome addition to Dylan’s learning. Her sessions are fun and creative. I
hear Dylan laughing and enjoying his sessions, which really compliments his learning. She is
reliable and a joy to be around.
Clea T, 25th November, 2018 (KS2 English & Maths)